So, you want to get a meat grinder.
Where are you supposed to start? Meat grinders come in all sorts of different ways. Plus, some are manual and others are electric to add more options.
If you’re ready to take a deeper dive into grinding your own meat, we’re here to help! We’ve compiled a list of the best meat grinders for you to use in your kitchen.
First, if you’re on the fence about them, we’ll tell you why owning a meat grinder in your kitchen is worth it!
Meet Your Meat Grinder
To start off, why get a meat grinder?
Here’s the thing, grinding your own meat has quite a few benefits! Not only does the meat taste better, but you’re able to make many foods yourself. For example, popular foods to make with a meat grinder include:
There are many different ways to use a meat grinder, which is a huge plus!
Another important feature of using a meat grinder is texture, which you can control with a tool like this. Normally, in ground meats from the grocery store, you’re not entirely sure what you are buying.
With meat grinders, you’re able to control what you buy and how you prepare it. Above all else, you’re able to make better tasting meat that is fresher and cleaner than what you buy. Yes, buying from grocery stores may save you time, but it won’t save you flavor!
Meat grinders come in all different shapes and sizes; here is our guide to help you find the best ones for your kitchen!
Manual Meat Grinders
Meat grinders come in two ways: electric and manual. While there are many benefits of both, we will help break down each to compare them!
Manual meat grinders have to be hand-cranked. While that may be a turn-off for some, it is also more precise than using electric grinders. They are also available to use if you are somewhere where there is no electricity! The hand-crank manual meat grinder won’t fail like electric ones sometimes do.
This type of grinder is nice for those who occasionally want to use it; large quantities of manual grinding may tire you out!
Our top three manual meat grinders (in no particular order) are:
- LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder – For this particular meat grinder, it comes with stainless steel parts. This is ideal to fight against rust. The grinder is also easy to use and clean. However, do note that the blade and grinder plates are not stainless steel. Make sure you properly clean and dry these parts!
- Norpro Meat Grinder, Mincer, and Pasta Maker – This grinder has quite a few attachments. Three pasta attachments, a sausage funnel attachment, and two different screens for coarse and fine are included. It is important to note that some people claimed it breaks without much effort, since it is plastic!
- Sportsman MHG22 #22 Cast Iron Countertop Bolt Down Manual Meat Grinder – This is a cheap manual meat grinder – only $30! It also comes with a sausage funnel and is constructed out of cast iron. A few consumers have reported that the parts did not fit together upon opening the product. Also, the parts are able to rust with improper cleaning. Make sure you’re aware!
Of course, there are more meat grinders out there, but these are the best we’ve found. If you’re willing to put some work into making your own food, consider getting a manual grinder! If not, here’s some electric meat grinders to check out.
Electric Meat Grinders
This type of meat grinder is available to those who aren’t into manual hand-cranking. An electric grinder is perfect for grinding large quantities of meats in a short time.
Also, if you are someone with a stand mixer, note that there are some meat grinder attachments made for them! These are perfect if you’ve already got a space for your mixer. If you don’t have a mixer, here are some great electric meat grinders to consider:
- Homeleader Electric Meat Grinder, 3 Stainless Steel Cutting, with Safety Switch and Built-in Breaker, 800W – This meat grinder has rubber feet for more stability, and is stainless steel! It comes with three plates (coarse, medium, and fine) for optimal use! There also is a great warranty that comes with the product. One-year replacement and lifetime support guarantee.
- Sunmile SM-G33 ETL Electric Stainless Steel Meat Grinder Mincer Max 1HP 800W, Stainless Steel Blade and 3 Grinding Plates, 3 Types Sausage Makers – This meat grinder can grind up to a whopping 170 pounds in an hour! This specifically is made for big capacity grinding. Cleaning is also quick and easy with only a baby bottle brush needed. The grinding plates are also stainless steel as well as the blade.
- STX INTERNATIONAL STX-3000-TF Turboforce 3-Speed Electric with 3 Cutting Blades, 3 Grinding Plates, Kubbe Attachment and Sausage Stuffing Tubes – This grinder can’t grind bones! It comes with three grinding plates and also sausage tubes. The main purpose for this meat grinder is meat, it can grind other foods but works with meats best. It also has three speeds and comes with a 1-year fix or replace guarantee (including labor and parts).
As with all products, it is up to you and your preferences to decide what is best. Manual meat grinder can be cost-effective and quick. Electric meat grinders are better for quantity, but may be bulky and too large to fit into a kitchen. Also, it seems that some electric grinders can burn out quick and may not be good to grind bones.
How We Can Help
We’re all about reviewing different kitchen tools! At Kitchen Tool Reviews, we want to help you do your homework. That means we’re here to help you review, compare, and contrast different kitchen products.
We prepare different articles on kitchen tools, such as how to’s and cookware.
For updates and news, be sure to follow us on social media or contact us for any questions!